Delivering precise and detailed measurements in an economical and portable design, Corona brings NMR relaxation analysis to new frontiers. In the lab or in the field, Corona provides robust and efficient sample analysis across a wide range of applications.
Corona MEASUREMENTS PROVIDE
- Direct detection of water and hydrocarbons
- Quantification of soil moisture and fluid volume
- Classification of bound versus mobile water
- Estimation of permeability, pore-size distributions, and specific yeild
- Sensitivity to geochemical pore-scale properties
Corona APPLICATIONS IN HYDROLOGY INCLUDE
- Characterization of drill cuttings or cores in groundwater investigations
- Sample analysis for engineering and geotechnical studies
- Soil profiling for precision agriculture and vadose zone properties
- Benchmarking of NMR logging data and surface NMR data
How Corona Works
Using the same physics as an MRI scanner, Corona provides a view into the pore space of geologic samples. Hydrogen nuclei in the sample fluids are polarized by magnets surrounding the sample bore. A series of pulses are transmitted and the resulting NMR echo signals from the fluids are recorded. The measured NMR signal reflects the quantity of pore fluids (including water and hydrocarbons) as well as detailed information about other sample properties. The signal amplitude precisely indicates the total fluid volume. The decay behavior of the signal over time, which is summarized by the decay-time (T2) distribution, conveys detailed information about the pore space.